So, tonight I’m making dinner for my honey bbq chicken sandwiches.
Before dinner we save the meal prayer thanking Jesus and blessing the food. This really sets the tone for how we finish our days, I think.
Being grateful is so important in this world. Being grateful to others makes us happier as well as whoever received our thank you.
I kind of threw the recipe together from a couple different sources.
Slow cooker BBQ Chicken sandwiches
- Chicken (enough to cover the bottom of a slow cooker)
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
Put chicken on the bottom of the crock layer onion slices on top of that. Make sauce with other ingredients and slather over chicken. Put in crockpot on high heat and cook for two hours.
Buns of course. My honey freelance baked those.
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 dashes salt
- About 1/4 cup milk
- About 2/3 cup warmed water, with one packet of rapid yeast bloomed in it.
- Mix dry ingredients together then add what once yeast is properly activated. Then add milk and mix together kneading. Dough will be sticky. Proof dough in oven with towel draped over (not turned on) but with oven light on, until doubled in size. Pour out of bowl onto floured surface knead a little bit until dough is a little dryer, a little less sticky.
- Cut dough into four equal pieces, form each piece into a ball. Cover again and proof again with light on for second time.
- Once dough is 1 1/2 to double size take out, to stop proofing. Preheat oven to 350 F. Save time by hearing it with broil setting which heats oven quicker.
- Prepare a pan of water. Once oven is preheated and set to bake at 350 F. Place buns on upper rack and pan with water on lower rack. Putting the pan of water in a couple minutes before will help the bread form a better crust on the outside.
- Bake for 15-20minutes or until lightly browned and fluffy feeling.
Oh my goodness, It’s crazy raining outside friends 😳. PA is sooo rainy, I love it!