This morning began soft and warm filled with bright sunshine flowing across the mountains.
My fiancé and I are determined to get a free espresso drink before we leave this region at our favorite coffee shop “The Coffee Bean”.
I like iced lattes in the summer. Though I think his summer drink is an iced mocha.
It will be so exciting to see how different coffee shops are in the NE U.S.!
Anyway, let’s cut to the chase. Packing ensues today. Therefore, I will be writing about done packing hacks I’ve picked up.
Today, I’m packing the wine glasses… eek.
1. After strategizing and thinking it over a good deal. I came up with a brilliant packing hack. To pack the wine glasses in socks and stocking hats before wrapping in bubble wrap. This is a new trick for me and I think is BRILLIANT!!
2. Another thing, I aim to do in this move is not empty my bureau drawers but just remove them and stack them still full in the back of the truck. Which will save me a lot of time.
3. A plate trick, I really like, is layering your glass plates with paper plates. Such a good idea! Unfortunately, I already packed my plates. Though, I will definitely keep this trick in my back pocket.
4. I also discovered a game changing way to vacuum seal your clothing. You can buy vacuum pack bags or try this nifty trick and make your own vacuum pack with a trash bag and a vacuum cleaner!
When I learned about this my jaw dropped.
5. Books, I have a lot and my fiancé has a lot of books. This poses a problem for the average cardboard box. A neat trick for this is stacking your books in a rolling suitcase. This one is really beneficial because let me tell ya’ I’ve had so many cardboard boxes break from the weight of books.
6. I love this one and have used this on my first long distance move to Ohio. Keeping your hanging clothes on the hangers, grouping them together, poking a hole in the top middle of the trash bag and then pulling a trash bag over tightening with a knot at the bottom. So, that all of your clothes are covered completely if there’s rain your clothes will stay completely dry.
Well, that’s all for now friends.
I hope you have a joyful morning 😊